Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Fond Farewell

In my hotel room with less than an hour and a half left until I leave for the airport for my flight home is a good time to reflect on my time here in India.  It's fitting that I'm writing from my hotel room since this is where I spent the majority of my time.  That kind of saddens me, but I was still able to experience a lot of cool things when I did get out.

If asked to mention the highlights of the trip, I have a few that I could answer with.  I think that the trip to Goa, as intense as it was, would probably one of them.  Also, I would have to say that going out to watch the cricket match was a good time too.  Ultimately though I would say that work was probably the best part.

Since other than the hotel, the bulk of my time was spent working, it's only natural that most of my memories will be from that.  I worked an average of 49 hours a week and got to know my team pretty well.  It was always nice walking in & having all of them greet me with a smile & sometimes hand shakes.  They were eager to learn from me & appreciative of me being there.  It was pretty hard leaving them yesterday.  They all pitched in and got me a gift (a replica of the Taj Mahal in marble) and did a little ceremony to present it.  I'll definitely miss them.

So now I'm packed & almost ready to go.  I'm going to take a shower and then recheck (multiple times) that I have everything packed & I'm not forgetting anything.  Once I get to the airport, I'll be on another 30 hour adventure back home.  I'm time travelling a lot this time, since I'm packing all 30 hours of travel into the hours between 7am & 11:45pm Friday.  I'll miss the welcoming and smiling faces that always greeted me at work & the hotel, but I get to go home to the best smile in the world. 


My team on my last day

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That smile you're coming home to will be really, really big! Travel safe and see you sometime soon!!