Thursday, September 3, 2009

Less than 24

  Well, here I am, sitting in my living room with less than 24 hours left before I travel.  I have yet to start packing, which I am actually fine with since I have all day tomorrow to do that.  I also keep thinking that it is only six weeks, and that when I packed for my year in Japan I packed it all within an hour.  I guess I get to do it all tomorrow.

  I do have some good news.  Everything that needed to come together before I leave has come together.  I have my corporate credit card, my laptop, my visa and pretty much everything else I will need.  One of my favorite things is seeing my passport fill up with stamps and visas, and I have a whole page devoted to my Indian visa.  One of my goals is to fill up all of my pages before I need a new one. I am a little over half way there & I have 5 more years!  Nice!

   Adrienne & I decided to go out for one final American meal before I left.  We decided on Bulldog Northeast, since it's kind of close to the house & I knew I could get a good burger and good beer.  Both of the beers that I ordered came in a glass promoting an IPA beer that had nothing to do with the beer I was drinking.  We found it somewhat serendipitous that each glass was talking about my trip. 

  Well, I better see if I can check in for my Chicago to London flight.  Being cheap, I decided to fly coach which means that I have to be aggressive on finding a seat that isn't the size of a toddlers potty training seat.  Few things are worse than flying 8-12 hours in a seat that is the size of my wallet with only enough leg room for Gary Coleman.  Wish me luck!

No comments: