Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week 2

Well, a third of my adventure is already over and in less than 4 weeksI will be back in the states. It seems like I've been here longer than just 2 weeks.

This past week was a lot like the first week. A lot of work and a lot of struggle to wake up and be productive. I did make it to the gym one day, and on another I walked down the road & went grocery shopping. I got a couple bags of chips and some soda. The hotel jacks up the price for a soda like 300% so I decided to get some from the outside.

Saturday night we went to a clothes shop & are having the guy make a couple traditional shirts for us. He took some measurements & should have some custom tops in a matter of a week & a half. They should come in handy for some upcoming festivals.

After going shopping I watched some TV then went down to the hotel bar, which is the most happening place in town on a Saturday night. One of the guys that works at the same campus as we do met us there for a couple drinks. It was pretty fun, but I was reminded why I don't like going to clubs; tons of people, bad music cranked way too loud, and never feeling "cool" enough to be there.

Today we went shopping and I got a couple things. Our driver took us to a couple of shops and they tried super hard to sell me stuff I didn't want. The thing about these shops is that they pay the drivers to bring people to them, so even if you don't ask to go there, you will end up going there. The shops are a bit more expensive than the ones in the markets too.

So like I said, this week was a lot like last week; work, go out Saturday, & shop on Sunday. I have a feeling that most of my weeks are going to be like that. There has been some discussion of flying up to Goa for a weekend, but nothing solidified yet. I think that might be a fun little trip to do since it is said to have one of the best beaches in the world. I'll keep you posted.

Now I'm going to maybe take a little nap, read my book & watch some TV. I am really looking forward to just chilling out in my room for a while. I have to try to stay up until 2 or 3 so that I can stay on my weekday sleep schedule. Four more weeks, & then I can maintain a normal person's schedule.

PS - I hope Sister Act is on again today, because Jumper is a horrible movie.

No comments: